If you leave feeling inspired after you #HitTheMarket, hit a local workshop! Try your hand at crafting and give the gift of handmade this year! Tampa Bay offers countless opportunities to sit (and sip in some cases) and learn how to make something you’d be proud to put under the Christmas tree! Check out the upcoming classes below from a few of our favorite local spots. If you don’t trust yourself to make something memorable, visit our calendar of upcoming events to buy from Tampa’s finest movers, makers and shakers!
MakeMe studio is “Tampa Bay’s original DIY Studio!” With open studio hours, creative art & craft classes, and unique private parties, they are “here to help make your creative dreams reality!” Visit the website to view their full calendar of classes!
- Tuesday, December 12th 7-9pm, TRY IT! Himmeli Ornaments, $25
- Friday, December 15th 7-9pm, STITCH & BITCH NIGHT: Holiday Edition, $25
- Thursday, December 21st 7-9pm, BESTIE/DATE NIGHT – A Christmas Story craft party, 1 for $30 or 2 for $50
Whim So Doodle
Whim So Doodle carries craft supplies, gift items, and plays host to handmade classes for all skill levels! They are “also a favorite destination for many wonderful nationally recognized guest teachers.” Visit their website for the full calendar of events!
- Wednesday, December 13th 6-8pm, “We Make It Wednesday: Vintage Holiday Tray”, $25
- Saturday, December 16th 10am-12pm, Carved Calligraphy Wrapping Paper, $55
Print St. Pete
“Print St. Pete Community Letterpress offers community classes, rentable studio time, private parties, and original letterpress goods.” Their mission is to “provide affordable, accessible letterpress education to our community as a way to preserve the craft while supporting a vibrant arts scene.” Visit their website!
- Sunday, December 10th 2-4pm, Holiday Cards
Happy crafting, Market Mafia!